GORAN & HERRIC A Comparative Study of Two of Their Poems: "To the Ivy Flower" & "To Daffoils".
Keywords:Poems, Education, Comparative Study
Goran Abdullah Beg Sulaiman Abdullah Beg, comes from an important and educated family. His father and grandfather were both poets and also wrote on literature. Goran was born in 1904 in Halabja Province, Sulaimany governorate, Kurdistan of Iraq. He attended the primary school in Halabja andd Teachers' Training Institute in Kirkuk. He became a primary school teacher in 1937, and worked as a teacher in the villages of Halabja. In 1937, he left teaching and became director for the NEAR EAST RADIO BROADCASTING in Java, Palestine. In 1960, he became a lecturer in Baghdad University, College of Arts, Kurdish Department. He Died in 1962.
- Khaznadar, Maaruf, 1969, New Cultural Magazine, Dec.(9), p. 202
- Mala Kareem I. Muhammad, 1980, The Complete Works of Kurdistan's Immortal Poet - Abdulla Goran, Vol. 1, Poetical Works, Iraqi Academy Press, Baghdad, P. 545-549.
- Khaznadar, Maaruf, 1969, New Cutural Magazine, Dec.(9), P. 199.
-Lateef Sa'eed, 1989, " TO DAFFODILS" Translated or Made Use of", A Research paper submitted to the Salahaddin University, College of Arts, Department of English, P.16, 17, 18.
- Hazlitt William, 1967, 'The Critics' Commision, translated by Nadhmi Khalil', The Sun of Kurdistan, Nov.(42), P. 41, 43.
- Barzinji Omar Maaruf, 1976, 'Gora and the English Literature', The Sun of Kurdistan, Nov.(42), P. 41.
-Al-Juboury Dhia A. H. & Al-Shammari Hisham, 1988, A Literary Anthology for Stuent Teachers, Second ed., Ministry of Education Press, Arbil, Iraq, P.16.
-Abdul Rahim Abdul Muttalib, Abdul Razzak Fakhir & Al-Juboury Alau'ddin, 1984, Introduction to English Prose and poetry, Iraq, Baghdad, P.46.
- Inglis Rewey Belle & Spear Josephine, 1958, Adventures in English Literature, New York, United States of America, P. 217.
- Mustafa Shakir M., 1988, The Seventeen-Century Poetry, An Introductory Course, Mosul University Press, P. 75,76.
- Mala Kareem I Muhammad, 1980, The Complete works of Kurdistan's Immortal Poet Abdulla Goran, Vol. 1, Poetical Works, Iraqi Academy Press, Baghdad, P.323.
- Al-Jubouri Dhia A. H. & Al- Shammari Hisham, 1988, A literary Anthology for Student Teachers, Arbil, Iraq, P. 83.
Copyright (c) 1997 Galawezh Ibraheem Muhiadeen
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.