Sorption Isotherm Phenomena in Cured Oriented Tobacco II. Sorption Isotherm Criteria
Keywords:Sorption Isotherm Phenomena, Tobacco, Sorption Isotherm Criteria, Moisture
Moisture sorption isotherms in term of thermodynamic aspect, and tobacco-water system were examined for oriental tobaccos. Energetic approaches were used to describe the moisture sorption behavior of tobaccos. Cured tobacco with high moisture content possesses energetic properties different from tobacco of low moisture content of the same type of leaves. Monolayer and surface area of adsorption were evaluated at several temperatures. The vapor pressure iso therm found to be consist of two phases.
- Amin, Aumed N.M. 1986. Investigation of pattern of damages occur to locally grown tobacco leaves during manipulation. I. Percentage of partical size distribution. Iraqi J. Agric. Sci (Zanko) vol.5 No.3.
- Amin, Aumed N. M. 1988. Moisture sorption isotherms for cured oriental tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum L.) leaves. Iraqi J. Agri. (Zanco) vol.6 No.1
- Amin, Aumed N. M. 1989. Chemical kinetics approach for characterizing drying behavior of tobacco. Basrah J. Agri. Sci. vol.2 No.1-2.
-Amin, Aumed N.M., and Abdul-Rassol, Ebtisam 1990. The drying behavior of cured, oriental tobacco. Tropical Sci.30:77-85.
-Amin, Aumed N.M., 1998. Sorption isotherm phenomena in cured oriental tobacco. I. water activity behavior and hysteresis. J. Zankoy Sulaimani Vol.1 No.1, pp:1-14
-Rizvi, S.S., and Benado, A. A. 1984. Thermodynamic properties of dehydrated foods. Food Technol. 38(3):83-92.
-Hall, c.w. 1971 . Drying farm crops.7th Ed. The Avi publi. comp. INC. westport,
-Van Arsdel, W.B. 1973. Drying phenomena. In food Dehydration. 2nd Ed. Ed. By W.B. Van Arsdel, Copley, M.J., and Morgan, A.I. The Avi publi. Comp. westport, conn. USA.
-Roman, G.N., Urbicain, M.J., and Rotstein, E. 1982. Moisture equilibrium in apples at several temperature. Experimental data and theoretical considerations. J. Food Sci. Vol.47: 1484 - 1488.
- Lang, K.W., Mcl whitney, R., and steinberg, M.P. 1981 Mass balance model for enthalpy of water binding by a mixture J. Food Sci. Vol 47: 110-113.
- Troller, J.A., and christian, J.H.B. 1978. Water activity and food. Academic press. NY, USA.
Copyright (c) 1999 Aumeed Noori M. Amin
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.