A Computer Code for Reliability Assessment of Electrical Auxiliary System using fault tree-analysis
Keywords:Computer Code, Electrical Auxiliary System, Fault Tree-Analysis
The paper describes a code for analyzing different structures of electric power supply systems from the reliability point of view. A genral program (program -AA) is developed for finding the minimal cutsets from the fault tree of supply system and then evaluatinng the system unavailability as a function of the most significant minimal cutsets and the unavailability of primary events appearing in these critical sets for any complex auxiliary electric supply system. The program is implemented on IBM compatible personal computer by using database software /Foxpro 2.6. The results obtained from the model give a powerfull tool for the designer of supply systems from safety point of view.
- Dr. Nihad Al-rawi, A. A. Fatah, M. A. F. Muhammad, 1989, "A computer code for reliability assessment of electrical auxiliary systems" Proceedings Inter. AMSE conference "Signals and systems", Brighton (UK), July 12-14, Asm press vol. 7 p. 41-52.
- Bengiamin N. N., B. A. Brown and K. F. Schenk, 1976 "An efficient algorithm for reducing the complexity of computation in fault tree analysis" IEEE trans. Nucl. Sci. Ns23 p. 1442-1446.
- Fussel, J. B. and W. E. Vesely, 1972, "A new methodology for obtaining cutsets for fault/trees" Trans. Am. Nucl. Soc. 15 p. 262-263.
- Fussel, J. B. 1975, "How to hand - calculate system reliability characteristics" IEEE Trans. reliability, R-24, p. 169-174.
- Greliable R-24 Garribba, S. 1977, "Efficient construction of minimal cutset from fault trees" IEEE Trans. Reliab. R-26, p. 88-94.
- A. G. Colombo, 1973, "A computer code for system availability and reliability evaluation", Report EUR 4940e.
Copyright (c) 1999 A. A. Fatah, A. Z. Sadik
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.