Strength of fiber reinforced high-strength concrete with stirrups under direct shear
Keywords:High-strength concrete, Stirrups, Direct shear
AbstractThe paper presents an experimental investigation of the direct shear transfer behavior of fiber reinforced high-strength concrete. The experimental study was performed on steel fiber reinforced push-off specimens with or without conventional stirrups. For the specimens with plain steel fibers, significant increases in the shear strength of high-strength concrete were observed. In the tests involving the combination of steel fibers and conventional stirrups, major improvement in crack control and enhancement in shear strength were observed.
- Nawy E. G. and Balaguru, P. N. "High-Strength Concrete.", Handbook of Structural Concrete, Edited by Kong, F. K. and et. al, Pitman Advanced Publishing Program, Boston, 1983, p. 5. 1-5.33
- Valle, M. and Buyukozturk, O., "Behavior of Fiber Reinforced High-Strength Concrete under Direct Shear.", ACI Materials Journal, Vol. 90, No. 2, March-April, 1993, pp. 122-133.
- Romualdi, J. P. and Batson, G. B., "Mechanics of Crack Arrest in Concrete.", J. Eng. Mech. Div. Am. Soc. Civ. Eng. Vol. 89, No. EM3, June, 1963 pp. 147-168.
- Shah, S. P., "Fiber Reinforced Concrete.", Handbook of Structural Concrete, Edited by Kong, F. K and et.al, Pitman Advanced Publishing Program, Boston, 1983, p. 6. 1-6.14
- Van de Loock, I., "Influence of Steel Fibers on the Shear Transfer in Cracks.", Proceedings of International Symposium on Fiber Reinforced Concrete, Madras, India, 1987, pp. 1. 101-1.112
- Barr, B., "Fracture Characteristics of FRC Materials in Shear.", Fiber Reinforced Concrete Properties & Applications, SP-105, American Concrete Institute, Deteroit, 1987, pp. 27-53.
- Tan, K. H. & Mansur, M. A. "Shear Transfer in Steel Fiber Reinforced Concrete.", Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, Vol.2, No. 4, Nov. 1990, pp. 202-214.
- Batson, G. B. ; Jenkins, E., and Spatney, R., "Steel Fiber as Shear Reinforcement in Beams.", ACI Journal, Proceeding Vol. 69, No. 10, Oct., 19772, pp. 640-644.
- Lim, T. Y. ; Paramasivam, P. and Lee, S. L., "Shear and Moment Capacity of Reinforced Steel-Fiber Concrete Beams.", Magazine of Concrete Research, Vol. 39, No. 140, 1987, pp. 148-160.
- Mansur, M. A.; Ong. C. G.; and Paramasivam, p. "Shear Strength of Fibrous Concrete Beams without Stirrups." Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol. 112, No. 9, 1986, pp. 2066-2079.
- Buyukozturk, O.; Bakhoum, M. M.; and BEATTIE, S. M., "Shear Behavior of Joints in Precast Concrete Segmental Bridges.", Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 116, No. 12, Dec. 1990, pp. 3380-3401.
-Sarhat, R. S., "Effectiveness of Steel Fiber Alone or in Combination With Stirrups as Shear Reinforcement.", MSc. Thesis, University of Technology, 1996.
-Al-Jaf D. K., "Shear Behavior of Fiber Reinforced Concrete T-beams.", MSc. Thesis, Salahaddin University, 1986.'
Copyright (c) 1999 S. A. Saeed, & S. R. Sarhat
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.