Removal of Ear Wax by Suction versus Syringing
Keywords:Removal of Wax
A prospective comparative study carried out on fifty patients complaining from bilateral impacted ear wax, to compare the efficiency of suction with that of syringing during removal of wax. In each patient right ear was cleaned by suction and left ear by syringing. We concluded from the study that suction in comparison with syringing is more effective in cleaning the ear (80%). Less causing injection of the drumhead (4%). more preferable by the patient (92%).
-Ballanger John Jacob: Diseases of the Nose, Throat, Ear, Head, & Neck le edition 1991 P.1072.
-Bernard H. Colman Hall &Colman's Diseases of the Nose, Throat &Ear & Head & Neck 14th edition P.215.
-Brian J.G. Bingham, Maurice R. Hawthorne; Synopsis of operative E.N.T. Surgery. First published 1992 P.49.
- Bruce W. Jafek Anne K. Stark; E.N.T. Secrets; First edition 1996 P. 36.
- Bull P.D. Lecture notes on the Ear, nose & throat. Seventh edition 1991 Black well Scientific Publication P. 25.
-Deweese —Sounders —Schuller; Otolaryngology; Head & Neck surgery; seventh edition 1988 P. 395.
-Douglas Hoffman, The Ear wax FAQ , The medical consumer's advocate , December 1998
- Groves John, Gray Roger F. ; A synopsis of otolaryngology; Fourth edition 1985 P. 83.
- Maqbool Mohd . A text book of Ear , Nose & Throat Diseases Sixth edition 1993 P.83
- Maran A. G. D.(ed.) Logan — Turner's Diseases of E. N. T. Tenth edition 1988 P. 285.
- Margaret E. Bradely, Anew aid for ear syringing ; The journal of laryngology & otology April 1980,.94. 457.
- Maurice R. Hawthorne, Brian J.G. Bingham Questions & Answers in otolaryngology, First published 1988 P. 200.
- Ross J.Roeser, Peter Roland , What Audiologist must know about cerumen and cerumen management , November 1992 AJA P.27-35
- Valentine Hammond, Diseases of the external ear (John B. Booth ) ; Scott — Brown's Otolaryngology ; Otology ; Vol.3 , Fifth edition P. 164.
Copyright (c) 2001 Sherko S. F. Zmnako
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.