Experimental Study of High Strength Fibrous Reinforced Concrete Slabs
Keywords:Steel fiber, High-strength concerete, Membrance action
AbstractThis paper summarizes the results obtained form tests on a series of three-edge simply supported high-strength reinforced concerete slabs with various volume fraction of steel fiber, percentage of reinforcement and rectangularity (lengh to width ratio). The results showed that the increase in volume fraction of steel fiber and percentage of reinforcement causes an increase in the carrying capacity of these slabs, while the increase in rectangularity causes a decrease in the load carrying capacity. The increase in the yield load over the yield line theory load (membrance action) for the volume fraction of steel fibers considered (0.4%-0.8%) are 3% and 15% respectively, while the percentage increase are of the order of 16% for steel ratio 0.15%. This is in a good agreement with the results of other studies [10, 16]
- ACI Committee 363;"State of the Art Report on High-strength Concrete"'; ACI Manual
of Concrete Practice 1996; Part 1.
- ACI Committee 544; "Design of Steel Fiber Reinforced Concrete'" ACI Manual of
ConcretePractice; 1996, Part 5.
- Romualdi, J.P. and Batson, G.B.; "Mechanics of Crack Arrest in Concrete"', Journal
af Eng. Mech. Div. Am' Soc. Civ. Eng. ,1963,89,' EM3, 147-168'
- Saib, I.A.; .,yield Line Theory for Steel Fi6er Reinforced Concrete Slabs'"Msc' Thesis;
University of Baghdad ; Itaq; 197 7,
- Agha, A.Z.S.;"Ultimate Fiexural Strength of Reinforced Fibrous concrete slabs
Subjected to Uniiormly Distributed Liad." Msc. Thesis; University of SalahAddin; Iraq; 1988.
- Henager, C.H.; "Ultirnate Strength of of Reinforced Fibrous Concrete Beams"'
procee?ings; Conference on FibJr Reinforced Materials; Institution of Civil Engineers;
- Swamy, R.N. and Al-Taan, S.A.; "Deformation and Ultimate strength in Flexure of Reinforced Concrete Beams Made with Steel Fiber Concrete."; ACI Journal 1980, 78;5;'
- Ghalib, M.A.; "Moment Capacity of Steel Fiber Reinforced Small Concrete Slabs'" ASCl Journal; 1980, 77 , 247'257 .
-Barros, J. A. O. and Figueiras, J. A.;"Flexural Behaviour of SFRC: Testing and Moileling.,,o,Io urnqls of frterials in Civil Engineering,_1999' 11, 4, 331'339.
-Mohammed,A.A.; .,Flexural Behaviour of Reclangular Fibrous Concrete Slabs Allowing for Membrane Action," PhD. Thesis; university of Technology; Iraq; February-2003'
-Mechael, W. Braestrup;'oDome Effect in Reinforced Concrete Slabs : Rigid Plastic
Analysis." Journal of Structural Division; American Society Civil Engineers; 1980; 106'
l2-Westergard, H.M.. and Slater, W.A.; "Moments and Stresses in Slabs"'Proceeding of the
AC I Journal; L921, 17 ; 415'438.
-Gvozdez, A.A.; "The Determination of the value of the collapse Load for statically
Indeterminate Systern Undergoing Plastic Deformation';', Internotionol Journal of
Mechanical Sciences ; 1960, 1, 322'335.
l4-Kadir, sh.S.; "Behaviour of unrestrained Rectangular Reinforced concrete slabs
Under UniformlyDistributed Loads." Msc. Thesis; University of Dohuk; Iraq;2001'
- Hassan, e.n. , fadir, S.S. ; "Membrane Action in Reinforced Concrete Rectangular Slabs
Simply SupporteO Along ihree Edges ." Journal of Duhok University;2003,6, 11 37-48'
- Hassan, A.F.; .,Effect of Membrane Action in Reinforced Concrete Slabs." Msc' Thesis;
Universify of Baghdad; Iraq; 1982.
-Wang, y. C.o ,.Teisile Memfirane Action in Slabs and its application to the Cadington Fire
Tesis',Proceeding of the second Cardington Conference' l-996' 12-14
-Hon, A.; Taplin,G. and Al-Mahaidi, RI; "Compressive-Membrane action in Reinforced
Concrete One-Way Slabs."; The Eiglith Easi Asia-Pacific Conferenoe on Structural
Engineering and Construction 5-7 ,200i; Nanyang Technological University;Singapore'
- Taylor, R.; ..A Note on possible Basis'foru N.* Methodi of Ultimate Load Design of
Reinforced Concrete Slabs' "; Magazine of Concrete Research;1965'17;53;; I83-I86'
- Kemp, f.O.; "yield of a Square Reinforced Concrete Slabs on Simple Supports Allowing
for Membrane Forces."Journal of the Stuctural Engineer; 1961;45;235-240'
Copyright (c) 2006 Srakawt Abdul-Rahman Saeed
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.