Publication Ethics for Journal of Zankoy Sulaimani guided by the Code of Conduct and Best-Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors (Committee on Publication Ethics, 2011)
Journal of Zankoy Sulaimani is committed to maintaining the highest standards of publication ethics in scientific research. We adhere to the Code of Conduct and Best-Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors established by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) in 2011. These guidelines provide a framework to ensure the integrity, transparency, and credibility of the publication process. We strive to promote ethical conduct for all stakeholders involved in our journal, including editors, authors, reviewers, and readers.
- Editorial Independence: We maintain editorial autonomy and integrity, making unbiased decisions based on the academic merit of submitted manuscripts, without any undue influence or conflicts of interest.
- Peer Review Process: We employ a rigorous and fair peer review process to assess the scientific quality, originality, and validity of submitted manuscripts, ensuring confidentiality, impartiality, and timely completion of reviews.
- Editorial Decision Making: Editors make decisions based on academic importance, scientific validity, and relevance of the research, while avoiding personal bias or conflicts of interest.
- Corrections and Retractions: We promptly address errors, inaccuracies, or misconduct, and provide mechanisms for article retractions, corrections, or updates when necessary, ensuring the accuracy and integrity of published scientific literature.
- Originality and Plagiarism: Authors are expected to submit original work, properly citing and acknowledging the contributions of others. Plagiarism, including self-plagiarism, is strictly prohibited.
- Research Integrity: Authors must conduct their research with honesty, accuracy, and transparency, ensuring the validity and reliability of their findings.
- Data Availability and Reproducibility: Authors should provide sufficient details and access to data, methodologies, and materials used in their research to allow for replication, verification, and further scientific investigation.
- Authorship and Acknowledgments: Only those who have made significant contributions to the research should be listed as authors, while all contributors and funding sources should be appropriately acknowledged.
- Conflict of Interest: Authors must disclose any potential conflicts of interest that could influence the research design, data interpretation, or the impartiality of their findings.
- Confidentiality: Reviewers must treat manuscripts with strict confidentiality, refraining from discussing or sharing their content without permission from the journal.
- Objectivity and Constructive Feedback: Reviewers should provide unbiased, objective, and constructive evaluations of the scientific content, methodology, and significance of the manuscripts, avoiding personal or derogatory comments.
- Timeliness: Reviewers are expected to complete the review process promptly within the specified timeframe, notifying the editor if circumstances prevent them from doing so.
- Conflict of Interest: Reviewers should declare any potential conflicts of interest that may compromise their objectivity or impartiality in reviewing a manuscript.
- Journal Policies: We establish clear policies and guidelines for all aspects of the publication process, ensuring transparency, consistency, and adherence to ethical standards.
- Open Access and Licensing: We support open access to scientific research and promote the use of appropriate licensing options to ensure broad accessibility while respecting authors' rights.
- Ethical Guidelines: We provide clear guidance on publication ethics to all stakeholders involved in the journal, addressing any ethical concerns or disputes that may arise.
Respect for Copyright: Readers must respect the copyright of published articles and obtain appropriate permissions for any use beyond fair use, as defined.